Reimagining economic development futures
This webinar will bring together invited speakers to reflect on these questions in four very different contexts, from Europe, Africa, North and South America. The speakers will reflect on these experiences and challenges, share their thinking about the economic development futures they envisage over the next 20 years, and consider what is required for these visons to be realized.
Opening and initial introductions:
– James Wilson, Orkestra – Basque Institute of Competitiveness
– Roger Sugden, University of British Columbia, Okanagan campus
– Iván Martén, Chair of Orkestra – Basque Institute of Competitiveness
– Ananya Mukherjee Reed, Provost and Vice-President Academic of the University of British Columbia, Okanagan campus.
– Mari Jose Aranguren, Orkestra – Basque Institute of Competitiveness, Spain
– Mbakiso Morapedi, Ministry for Presidential Affairs, Governance and Public Administration, Botswana
– Jordan Coble, Westbank First Nation, British Columbia, Canada
– Micaela Camacho, Institute of Competitiveness, Uruguay