Gender inequalities during pandemics and post-pandemics: lessons learned for inclusive crisis management
09:30 – 13:00
Icaza Auditorium. Avenida de las Universidades 24 48007 Bilbao
To what extent have COVID-19 policies influenced gender inequalities in Europe? What proposals and actions can be implemented for inclusive crisis management?
The European project RESISTIRÉ aims to provide an in-depth understanding of the negative impacts of COVID-19 policies on gender inequalities in the European Union countries (plus Serbia, Turkey and the United Kingdom); it also seeks to identify inspiring practices among civil society organisations and policies to mitigate their impact.
The session will be an opportunity for both policymakers and civil society actors to discuss the lessons learned, success stories and remaining challenges.
We will focus on:
- Representation, diversity and inclusion of women in decision making.
- Care work and telework
- Gender-based violence in the EU and at national level
- Inclusive crisis management
- Gender-based violence in crises
- Women’s representation in recovery and resilience planning
- Fighting for social justice